View Our Patient
Safer Aspiration Procedure:
- Pro-Vac offered at NY OB/GYN Associates™
- Newest technology that most centers do not offer
- Quicker recovery
- No surgery
- Effective, natural and safe
Find the best method
Abortion by pill,
- Private practice office
- Run by women for women
- By appointment…No long clinic waits
- State of the art technology
- Friends welcome
New York Abortion laws are open and non-restrictive. For this reason many women travel to New York to terminate their pregnancy.
In New York:
- Teenagers do not need their parent’s permission to have an abortion.
- There are no waiting periods
- No need for state approval
- Patients can perform their abortion in their doctor’s office.
- New York State Medicaid covers abortion for women with a low income.
Abortion in the United States has been legal in every state since the United States Supreme Court decision on January 22, 1973. In 1970, New York passed the most permissive abortion law in America, one that defined the state as the country’s abortion refuge. Over the past twenty years, while legislatures have circumscribed access to abortion in state after state, especially for the poor and the young, New York has remained an island of unrestricted abortion rights. Medicaid HMO pays for abortions for low-income women. Teenagers don’t need a parent’s permission to have an abortion. There are no 24-hour waiting periods.
About 88% of all abortions are preformed within the first trimester of pregnancy. Statistics show that approximately 59% of abortions take place within the first 8 weeks, 19% in weeks 9 and 10 and 10% in weeks 11 to 12. It is important to note that abortions preformed in the first trimester pose no long term risks such as infertility, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) or birth defects. In fact termination of pregnancies under 8 weeks carry the least health risks.
Medical Abortion Facts
- In 2000, the Food and Drug Administration approved the Medical Abortion drug Mifepristone / RU-486 to be marketed in the United States as an alternative to surgical abortions.
- RU-486 Has been used and approved in Europe since the early 1990’s
- A National study in 2008 showed that greater than 30% of all first trimester abortions were preformed with RU-486.
- Medical Abortions are up to 99% effective.
Aspiration Abortion Facts
- Aspiration Abortions are equally effective as surgical D&C or D&E abortions, but have significantly lower complication rates.
- An Aspiration abortion has a 99.5% efficacy rate of ending first trimester abortions.
- Carrying a minor complication rate of .01%.