View Our Patient
Safer Aspiration Procedure:
- Pro-Vac offered at NY OB/GYN Associates™
- Newest technology that most centers do not offer
- Quicker recovery
- No surgery
- Effective, natural and safe
Find the best method
Abortion by pill,
- Private practice office
- Run by women for women
- By appointment…No long clinic waits
- State of the art technology
- Friends welcome
New York OB/GYN Associates™ is recognized as one of the nation's leading private practice GYN service providers with over 30 years of experience. All of our physicians are board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists with specialized training in Menstrual Extraction, and they are recognized across the country as leading experts.
Menstrual extraction is used by women who engaged in sexual activity without protection, did not take the Morning After Pill
, and do not wish to be pregnant. A menstrual extraction should be done no later than one week after you engaged in unprotected sex. Menstrual Extraction is a gentle aspiration of the uterine lining. It is done to make the environment of the uterus unsuitable for a fertilized egg to sit and grow in. During a Menstrual Extraction a Board Certified OB/GYN will insert a flexible cannula through an un-dilated cervix for the purpose of removing the uterine lining so it is unsuitable for a fertilized egg to grow. The cannula is attached to a syringe, which is used to gently aspirate the uterine contents and induce the onset of the “missed period.” For a woman whose menstrual period is a few days late and who fears she may be pregnant, menstrual extraction is a satisfactory method of preventing the pregnancy from occurring.
At New York OB/GYN Associates™ we will provide a pregnancy test and sonogram to confirm you are not pregnant during Menstrual Extraction. Menstrual Extraction terminates the possibility of becoming pregnant before pregnancy occurs. It is done to prevent pregnancy rather than to abort an already occurring pregnancy.
Other Reasons to Undergo Menstrual Extraction
Menstrual Extraction is also known as menstrual regulation. In some instances it is done in order to eliminate the nuisance of menstrual cramps and menstrual flow. Using a plastic syringe or cannula inserted through the cervix at the beginning of a menstrual period. It is small enough so that the cervix does not need to be dilated first, and it is attached to a syringe, which applies a gentle suction. By this means the entire menstrual fluid for one period can be sucked out in five minutes.
What to expect when you come for your office visit:
- You will be greeted by our friendly receptionist in our beautifully decorated private OB/GYN office
- We only schedule one appointment at a time, and several a day, so there won’t be a busy, cramped waiting room
- We are a full service OB/GYN office, so other than you and our staff no one will know you are there for a Menstrual Extraction
- You may fill out our patient forms in the office or Patient forms online
- You will be taken care of in a private setting with complete confidentiality
- You have your own private examination room, which you can stay in until you leave the office
- You will have one private nurse specially assigned to you
- You will have a pregnancy test and ultrasound completed by your board certified OB/GYN to confirm you are not pregnant
- Your Board Certified OB/GYN will counsel you regarding Menstrual Extraction and answer any questions you may have about the procedure.
- You can expect a total office appointment time of 1-1.5 hours
- We welcome, parents, spouses, or companions. If you bring a companion they can be with you during your entire visit