View Our Patient
Safer Aspiration Procedure:
- Pro-Vac offered at NY OB/GYN Associates™
- Newest technology that most centers do not offer
- Quicker recovery
- No surgery
- Effective, natural and safe
Find the best method
Abortion by pill,
- Private practice office
- Run by women for women
- By appointment…No long clinic waits
- State of the art technology
- Friends welcome
Below is an overview of how to prepare for your visit at New York OB/GYN AssociatesTM, and what to expect upon arrival.
To prepare for your visit:
- For confidentiality purposes, each patient must call and schedule her own appointment.
- You must bring a valid picture ID with you to the office if you are using insurance.
- If you are using health insurance or have state assistance, bring your insurance card with you.
- If you choose to undergo the aspiration with light sedation do not eat, drink, or chew anything beginning at midnight on the night before your appointment.
- Do not use drugs or alcohol for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes for your appointment. Bring with you a change of underwear, and 2-3 sanitary pads.
- If you are opting for light sedation, you will need an escort to drive you home.
- Companions and family members are welcome to stay with you during the procedure.
What to Expect
- You will be greeted by our friendly receptionist in our beautifully decorated private OB/GYN office.
- At New York OB/GYN Associates™ we only schedule one appointment at a time, so there won’t be a busy, cramped waiting room typical of abortion centers or clinics.
- We strive to make your experience at our office as comfortable and private as possible.
- We are a full service OB/GYN office, so other than you and our staff no one will know you are there for an abortion.
- You have the option of filling out our patient forms when you arrive at our office or you can fill them out before you arrive via our website, patient forms online.
- Once we check you in, you will have your own private examination room, which you can stay in until you leave the office.
- A pregnancy test and ultrasound will be administered to confirm and determine the length of pregnancy.
- You will then have a discussion with a board certified OB/GYN who will counsel you regarding different treatment options for a termination of pregnancy and different methods of pain control.
If you choose an Aspiration Abortion
- Your board certified OG/GYN will offer you the choice to undergo the procedure naturally, with a local anesthetic “numbing” blocks or “twilight/light” sedation.
- Your board certified OB/GYN will then insert a thin tube into the natural opening of the cervix. Attached to the thin tube is a handheld device, which provides a mild suction pressure. After 2-3 minutes the doctor removes the hand held device and the procedure is over.
- A second sonogram is then preformed to double check that the procedure was successful. Once the abortion is confirmed you will lay down for several minutes, relax, enjoy a snack/beverage and then you can go home accompanied by a family member or friend to resume to your normal activities.
- You can expect a total office appointment time of 1-1.5 hours.
- We welcome and encourage you to bring parents, spouses, or companions.
If you choose an Abortion Pill
- The doctor will provide you with two sets of pills.
- The first pill, RU-486/Mifeprex™/Mifeprestone, is taken in our medical office or in the privacy of your own home. It works by blocking progesterone, which is necessary to sustain a pregnancy. By blocking the hormone, the lining of the uterus breaks down which induces a miscarriage.
- The second set of two pills, Misoprostol, are taken at home, 48 hours later. Misoprostol tablets cause the uterus to contract and evacuate the pregnancy naturally.
- A follow up visit, to occur one week later, including a second sonogram, will be scheduled to make sure the process was successful.
- We guarantee the Abortion Pill(RU-486). If the Abortion Pill is not successful we will perform Aspiration Abortion free of charge.